POSITION NOW FILLED
Vacancy: Retail assistant
Salary: Depending on experience
Location: New Town, Edinburgh
Closing date: Monday 21 August 2017
Hours of business: 8.30am-5.30pm Monday – Friday
Do you have a passion for style? Strong retail experience? Excellent customer service skills?
Nearly a year ago we launched Edinburgh’s premier eyewear boutique, in our award-winning optometry practice, stocking high-end independent eyewear and it seems the people of Edinburgh also share our passion for artisan designers. It’s been a busy time.
We’re now looking for someone with retail experience (luxury would be especially beneficial), a passion for fashion, as a lot of what we do is advising people on what suits their personal style, and someone with outstanding customer service skills. The role will also include providing some support to the optometry team as well as some front of house support, welcoming patients to their appointments. Retail experience is important and training will be provided so experience in the optical industry is not essential.
Cameron Optometry has a long-established reputation for providing the highest level of eye care to people in Edinburgh and beyond. Now it has also established a reputation for stocking high-end, independent designers, in its luxury eyewear boutique and this is a rapidly growing and exciting area of the practice.
There are two main functions to this role:
- Assisting customers as they select their eyewear, offering advice and guidance to patients as they select from our designer range. The service we provide is what you might expect from a personal support, listening to the customer, guiding them as they experiment with new styles. The successful candidate will be expected to have an active interest in fashion, trends and styling with a keen eye to sell, supporting the dispensing team. Training will be provided and could also lead to a formal dispensing optometrist qualification in due course.
- The role will also include providing some support to the optometry team, such as assisting with pre-screening and showing patients how to insert eye drops. Again training will be provided. They will also cover other roles such as front of house, welcoming patients to the practice.
- Professional, confident and flexible, able to juggle various roles
- Positive and personable, working as a supportive member of the team
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to engage with a range of ages and personalities, engendering trust
- Comfortable managing own workload in a busy, high volume practice
- Excellent computer literacy and comfort with using technology
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex clinical advice to patients as directed by optometrists
- Ability to identify customer needs and to close a sale.
Training will be provided however previous experience working in the optometry profession, and/or a strong retail background, in particular in the luxury market, would be strongly beneficial.
In addition to a competitive salary, the successful candidate will receive a wide range of generous benefits including staff discount on eye care, glasses and contact lenses; private medical insurance; bonus scheme; above average paid leave levels and opportunities for progression with ongoing training.
If you have these skills and are interested in this exciting and varied role, please send on your CV to [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you.