Cameron Optometry is an award-winning optometry practice and eyewear boutique, based in Edinburgh’s New Town. The practice is growing and is soon to open another consulting room, as such we are looking to welcome a new member to our friendly team. The role is hugely varied and will include, welcoming patients, responsibility for some optical pre-screening (all training will be provided), as well as selling designer eyewear in the high-end frame boutique.
Salary: competitive with numerous benefits
Location: New Town, Edinburgh
Closing date: Friday 19 October 2018
Hours of business: 8.30am-5.30pm Monday – Friday
The practice is recognised across the UK as providing the highest, most comprehensive level of eye care to a wide range of patients. The practice prides itself on its high standards, stunning surroundings, patient-centered approach and expertise in a wide range of areas.
There are three main functions in this role:
- Welcoming patients to Cameron Optometry and assisting them while they are in the practice, this might include booking appointments, arranging for collection of new glasses and selling them solutions and other products.
- Providing screening services to support the optometry team. This involves using the state-of-the-art equipment to generate a concise image of the patient’s eye health (training will be provided) and supporting the optometrists in various other ways.
- Dispensing glasses in the Frame Room, offering advice and guidance to patients as they select glasses from our high end, designer range. The successful candidate will be expected to have an active interest in fashion, trends and styling, supporting the dispensing team. Training will be provided and could also lead to a formal dispensing optometrist qualification.
The role is very varied and may also include other duties to assist with the day-to-day running of an optometry practice.
- Professional, confident and flexible, able to juggle various roles
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to engage with a range of ages and personalities, engendering trust
- Clinically driven with a good understanding of the importance of excellent clinical care
- Positive and personable, working as a supportive member of the team
- Comfortable managing own workload in a busy, high volume practice
- Excellent computer literacy and comfort with using technology
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex clinical advice to patients as directed by optometrists
- Ability to identify customer needs and to close a sale.
Training will be provided however previous experience working in the optometry profession, and/or a strong retail background, in particular in the luxury market, would be very beneficial.
In addition to a competitive salary, the successful candidate will receive a wide range of generous benefits including staff discount on eye care, glasses and contact lenses; private medical insurance; bonus scheme; above average paid leave levels and opportunities for progression with ongoing training.
If you have these skills and are interested in this exciting and varied role, please send on your CV to [email protected]. We appreciate it is a very unique role and would be delighted to answer any questions you may have.
Printable version available to download here Cameron Optometry : Retail optical assistant