Ortho-K, vision correction without the need for lenses or glasses during the day.
We are gearing up for the launch Ortho-K, a vision correction therapy for short-sighted people that provides clear, comfortable vision without the need to wear contact lenses during the day.
Ortho-K is ideal for low to medium short-sighted people who:
- Want clear natural vision all day – every day
- Have considered refractive surgery because of the freedom it provides, but are worried about the risks
- Find soft contact lenses do not fulfill the comfort demands their lifestyle places on their eyes
- Are involved in recreational and sports activities where periods without wearing contact lenses is ideal
So how is this possible?
Ortho-K is a specially designed contact lens that gently and subtlety reshapes the cornea, at the front of the eye during overnight wear, a process called orthokeratology. Once the full effect has taken place, the new shape of eye neutralises your natural short-sightedness so you can see clearly during the day without glasses or contact lenses.
With Ortho-K you will benefit from:
- Freedom from contact lenses and glasses during the day
- Very easy adaptation, only overnight lens wear required
- A comfortable, semi-permanent alternative for the correction of short sightedness
- A safe and reversible vision correction therapy without surgery
Our optometrists are experts in contact lens fitting, some of the most experienced in the country. We fit contact lenses for the most complex of prescriptions so you can rest assured that your vision is in safe hands.
For more information please arrange to speak to Claire Keith, our Ortho-K specialist.