Make sure your child has had their eyes examined in the last two years.
Just a reminder that exam season is almost upon us so please make sure your children have had their eyes tested to allow them to realise their potential. We have covered this in our newsletter before but make no apologies in doing so again.
Poor vision can have a detrimental effect on your child’s academic performance so please ensure you get your child’s eyes tested at least every two years. Also look out for the following signs that they could have issues with their vision.
- Headaches and sore eyes, especially after a long revision session
- Difficulty concentrating
- Using fingers to track text or losing their place when reading
- Having issues with coordination for example when playing ball games
- Squinting or closing one eye when reading
- Showing sensitivity to light or the glare from a screen
And as you will see from our feature below, reassure your children that if they do require some kind of correction to their vision, it needn’t be in the form of glasses as we prescribe contact lenses to many school-aged children. And remember, all children of Vision+ members, in fulltime education, receive comprehensive scans at no charge.
Remember if you’re a Vision+ member your children in FTE get all the scans they need for free’