Night lenses (also known as orthokeratology) is a vision correction therapy that provides clear, comfortable vision without the need to wear contact lenses during the day.
Night lenses are ideal for low-mid short-sighted people who:
- Want clear natural vision all day – every day
- Have considered refractive surgery because of the freedom it provides, but are worried about the risks
- Find soft contact lenses do not fulfill the comfort demands their lifestyle places on their eyes
- Are involved in recreational and sports activities where periods without wearing contact lenses is ideal.
So how is this possible?
Very simply, night lenses are specially designed contact lenses that reverses the power of the cornea, at the front of the eye during overnight wear. Once the full effect has taken place, the eye is effectively ‘normal’ and can see clearly during the day.
With night lenses you will benefit from:
- Freedom from contact lenses and glasses during the day
- Very easy adaptation, only overnight lens wear required
- A comfortable, semi-permanent alternative for the correction of short sightedness
- A safe and reversible vision correction therapy without surgery.
Our optometrists are experts in contact lens fitting, some of the most experienced in the country. We fit contact lenses for the most complex of prescriptions so you can rest assured that your vision is in safe hands.
Find out about suitability, pricing and more in our leaflet Night Lenses at Cameron Optometry
Find out about night lenses for short-sighted children in our Myopia Management section.