Further to the relaxation of Covid-19 regulations as of 9 August, 2021, we would like to reassure patients that we continue to maintain incredibly high hygiene standards to safeguard our patients and staff.
Before you visit
- Please do not visit the practice if you are showing any signs of COVID-19, even if you have not been diagnosed. Please also avoid the practice if you have come into contact with anyone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- We are making every effort to minimise the number of people in the practice at any one time, so ask that you come to the practice alone where possible. Obviously where a child is being seen or you have a specific need for a chaperone, we appreciate this will not always be possible.
In the practice
- Patients are required to wear face masks at all times. If you do not have a face mask, we can provide one to you on arrival.
- Two metre distancing should still be observed in healthcare settings, as such every effort continues to be made to ensure that social distancing is possible throughout the practice, spacing out the waiting area and limiting numbers of people (staff and patients) in the practice.
- Please use the hand sanitiser on entering the practice. Hand washing facilities are also available.
- All normal infection control procedures will be adopted throughout the practice. This will include infection control measures throughout the examination – hand hygiene and decontamination of all reusable surfaces and apparatus.
- All re-usable apparatus will be disinfected after use and single use disposable apparatus will be used whenever possible.
- All rooms will be adequately ventilated.
- Appointments will be spread out to avoid patients crossing paths where possible and to allow enough time for thorough cleaning of clinical areas and more frequent cleaning of communal areas.
- The practice will keep a record of all individuals who enter the practice each day, to assist the Test and Protect scheme if required.
- All frames will be disinfected after handling before returning them to the display stock.
- Frames will be adjusted to fit at dispensing to minimise contact time at collection.
- Frames can be posted out, or collected from outside the practice if the patient prefers.
- Payments will be taken by contactless payment where possible. As some patients will need to use the keypad, the card machine will be cleaned after handling. Cash payments will not be accepted.
We hope you find this reassuring. If you would like to discuss anything prior to, or after your visit, please get in touch. If you have any specific concerns or are anxious about attending your appointment, please get in touch and we can make special arrangements to ensure your visit as relaxed as possible.