At the Tear Clinic
At Cameron Optometry, we have specialist experience in treating ‘dry’ eyes. We see many patients who have suffered with the effects of dry eye for many years and who have tried and failed to relieve their symptoms. We have a specialist Tear Clinic, where we provide ongoing treatment to patients with this uncomfortable condition. Using the many treatments at our disposal, we work hard to find the most suitable management plan for each individual who seeks our advice.
What do we do at The Tear Clinic?
- Discuss your symptoms with you and complete a questionnaire to allow us to grade your condition and monitor your progress with treatment.
- Assess both the amount of tears you produce and the quality of the tears using cutting edge technology.
- Assess the eyelids, including looking for signs of eyelid problems.
- Make a diagnosis and a treatment plan.
- Review you at an appropriate schedule to monitor progress with treatment.
What treatments do we offer?
We have a wide range of treatments available depending on your case. They include:
- Lifestyle advice
- Dietary modifications
- Eyelid hygiene treatment with heat packs, deep lid cleans and bleph ex treatment
- Artificial tear drops
- Prescription only medications
- Moisture chamber goggles
- Punctal occlusion (plugs)
- Lacrimal syringing
- Treatment for demodex blepharitis
- Specialist contact lenses
How many appointments will I require?
- An initial appointment with our optometrists to diagnose and make a treatment plan and with our technician to ensure you feel confident to carry out your treatment at home.
- A review phone call after two weeks.
- A review appointment usually within three months.
- Dry eye is are often a chronic condition which can take time to recover and may require long term maintenance so many people will need ongoing review on a three to six-month basis. This will be discussed with you at your first visit and when making your treatment plan.
Find out more about ocular surface (dry eye) disease.